Thursday, May 13, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day!

Our weekend started with great company! Greg's mom and husband came to visit. Ok-probably more like they came to visit Avery :) She loves it when people come to see her. It's like we are old news and she has a new audience. We like it when Steph and Steve visit too...we always eat so good when they are here. This time we were wow'd by a belated Cinco de Mayo celebration-tacos and guacamole. Unfortunately the weather was much to be desired, so instead of long walks outside and dinners on the deck -- we wandered Sam's Club and watched Avery's mad pizza eating skills at our favorite Winking Lizard restaurant.




Sunday morning started by saying good-bye to our guests. Avery honestly looked so bummed that her audience was leaving, and she was stuck with just the two of us again. Greg is the master of surprises-so I did not know what was planned. Around 11:30ish we found ourselves at the Olive Garden. I love their salad and breadsticks. Avery chowed down on breadsticks, some spaghetti and fettuccine. Because of Greg's great planning we did not wait even for a minute. Next we got back in the car for a short trip to the jewelry store. I got to pick out the necklace that I have been eyeing since Avery was born. It is a simple Alexanderite solitaire necklace. Very simple, but means so much to me. I was so excited! We headed home so that Avery could nap and I needed to complete my final exam for my class online. But to end my first Mother's Day we went to Coldstone for some ice cream! I don't think I've been there since I was pregnant. I love their banana ice cream with strawberries and chocolate syrup in a waffle bowl. Yummmm! And they were giving ice cream away to all mom's. Score!! The perfect ending to my perfect day.



Here are a few pictures from our lunch:




I have to get this face on video. She is hilarious.





I didn't have any expectations about what Mother's Day should be, but it was wonderful. I got cards, flowers, and phone calls from so many people that I never expected. I don't expect to be spoiled so much every year, but you will only have one "first" Mother's Day ever.




No comments:

Post a Comment