Friday, May 7, 2010

Baby Names

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner


Today on Kelly's Korner she is talking baby names. I am a loyal reader of her blog, so I thought that this would be a fun post to do.

Growing up there were two names that I just "knew" were going to be the names of my children...for a little girl-Olivia.....and for a little boy-Logan. To this day I still love those names, but when the time came for Greg and I to seriously consider baby names, these were vetoed pretty quickly.


Before we knew what we were having, Greg and I had pretty much come to agreement on the name Chase Gregory for a boy. Greg liked Chase because it sounded liked he could be a baseball player, the quarterback of the football team, or a successful businessman. And Gregory because all the boys on his dad's side of the family take their dad's name. No complaints here. I was only concerned that if we named him Chase.....that I would be chasing Chase everywhere :) Honestly, it was not a name that I ever considered or thought that I would name my son, but for some reason it fit.



When it came to a girls name, we did not agree. I figured not to fight it until we were sure what we were having. So at our 20 week ultrasound when we found out that we were indeed having a little girl...one of my first thoughts was..."will we ever agree on a girl name?" Some names that we considered were Stella, Addison, and Maryn (or Marin). I really wanted Addison, he really liked Stella, and we couldn't agree on the spelling of Maryn so it was out. But ultimately Greg wanted to wait and meet our baby before he named her. He thought that would help him decided. Until one day the name Avery came up. I'm not sure where I heard it, but the more I thought about it, I loved it! We both knew that was the name. So what I thought was going to be a long battle-really was not, and we found the perfect name. Greg left the middle name up to me. I considered naming her Avery Madison, but instead decided on Avery Jadus. Jadus is my maiden name, and my own father died when I was very young-so it is in tribute to him. Although I really like how Avery Madison sounds, I think that Avery Jadus has a greater meaning. I grew up never liking my middle name, so I hope that she likes hers. (this seriously worries me)

Miss Avery J

Although finding the perfect name is somewhat stressful (only because your DH can veto something that you think is the best name ever) I look forward to doing it again one day.

2 comments:

  1. Just chose yours to read off of Kelly's,
    (yours was the only one I read)and how coincidental that I did. I have a 2 1/2 yr old named Avery J, too, Avery Jane. I had names that ended in "n" picked out to match my husbands, mine & older daughter but my husband & our daughter kept insisting on "Avery" and I can't imagine her with any other name. She is a firecracker with a capital F and keeps us hopping. I would imagine your Avery does, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you want to know something else crazy? My name is also Kristen, I just spell it differently. :) I never had heard the name Avery, and now I hear it everywhere! I hope that she won't be one of 3 in her class going to school. Thanks for stopping by to read our blog.

    ReplyDelete